JUMP CUT
A REVIEW OF CONTEMPORARY MEDIA

The Goblin’s dilemma in Sam Raimi’s A Simple Plan and Spider-Man

Boyd White

Boyd White is Tim Kreider’s frequent collaborator and drinking companion, as well as a contributor to journals as diverse as Film Quarterly, The Watershed Anthology, and The Iowa Review. He devotes 75% of his intellectual energy to thinking of ways to seduce his former students, and the other 25% to reading novels about vampires and werewolves. He belongs dead.